Over the next few months, LA Rope will be restructuring its core mission to focus exclusively on the teaching of Yukimura Ryuu.
The new structure of classes will be based on an introductory or fundamentals class which will be taught on the fourth Sunday of each month from 9-12. This class will explore the background, history, and philosophy of Yukimura’s unique approach to kinbaku and will serve as a prerequisite for all of the additional intensives.
From 1-4 on that same day, we will offer an advanced workshop on a particular tie or element of Yukimura Ryuu. These classes will not be progressive and may be taken in any order or skipped altogether. It will be a cycle composed of six classes, which will be repeated every 6 months. Each class will be an in-depth analysis of each tie with multiple variations.
Classes will be limited to 4 couples.
The topics covered in the intensives will be:
- The Yukimura Gote: Theory and Practice
- Kemono shibari, the beast tie
- Kata ashi kaikyuku, the one leg raised partial suspension from the ground
- Kata Ashi Zuri, partial suspensions from sitting, kneeling, and standing positions
- Fast One Rope Practices (Sobaku Renshu)
- Rope Communication: Movement, Position, Voice, and Play